Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tijuana Weekend Trip

On Nov. 12-14, God blessed me to attend an evangelistic outreach with my church Cornerstone and New Life church. I am amazedhow God has and is uniting His people for the great work of bringing people to a love-commitment with Jesus Christ as their personal Lord & Savior. There were more than 15 people who accepted Christ during this event and several hundreds who received food, encouragement, hope, and God’s Word through the worship and preaching. I had the honor to pray with a fellow believer for a lady who made that eternal difference for the rest of her life. It is amazing how God has the harvest ready to reap.

Behold, I say to you, life up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together (John 4:35-36).

Pray for the children that live in the daily struggle of poverty. While in Tijuana, I was amazed at how the young children came to my side to play and talk. I ‘adopted’ a nephew and many little siblings. They were such a joy to be with and to hear their stories. One girl of 16 years old shared how she was unable to go to high school because she fit in the cracks as an American but living in TJ because of her parent’s nationality. She wishes to become a singer and someday sing all around the world. Another girl and her family of 5 recently moved from Durango to Tijuana due to the abuse of women and young girls common in that community. Another boy hung around staring with big dark eyes unable to communicate clearly due to autism. I wish to say that he is getting the support necessary for his specific needs. A 12 yr old boy, stood by my side willing to help in anyway he could with the outreach event. This young boy sent out more than 300 tracks to the people walking nearby the area.

(My camera was not charged to take pictures while in TJ so the above pix is not my own).

Here is a youtube to have a visual of the ministry taking place in TIJUANA, MEXICO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FiYmqb1GKo

No comments: