Monday, December 20, 2010

Mexico City 2wk Trip


Many of you know that on Nov. 29th - Dec. 12th, I spent two weeks in Mexico City. My goal was to prepare the groundwork to see what, where, how, and who will be involved in ministry. It has amazed me to see how God planned and prepared the events beautifully in place! I left Mexico, praising God for His Work!

Some day soon, I would love to share with all of you in person the details in regards to how it all turned out, but as for now, let me share with you a couple stories that took place during this trip.

Visiting Camino A Casa: Friday was the day set to visit the safe home that has rescued women and young children, I was excited to see the place I would soon work alongside. I came with Jarah and Ann (two missionaries working with me with Revive). It took about 1.5 hrs, not including the 30 mins waiting for Monse (another young missionary) who knew the exact location to get there. I don’t mind the travel, it actually was a blessing since I really got to hear the heart of Monse and her younger sister in serving these young women! The visit at Camino a Casa was short, since we all had plans for that evening. Our main goal was to lead the women to decorating their personalized journal so that they have something to write down their thoughts, feelings and prayers. Before this was set, we had free time to get to know these girls and to eat lunch together. One girl I met was from Guatemala, she struggled in reading and writing the Spanish language since she was fluent in an indigenous language. I don’t know how old she was, probably 15. Another girl sat across from her on the couch, she shared her love for God and how He has changed her life from being really rebellious and fighting to a loving peaceful life (this I could see in her). She shared how another girl likes to start fights and has asked her several times to fight, but she chooses not to now. She also shared about her boyfriend (boys are not allowed to enter the gates, so he waits outside). I don’t know her full story, I was there to listen and simply to get to know her personally. What I do notice is that both her emotional and mental maturity for an 18 year old was not normal for that age. God only knows why her development is a little slower, but for now, loving and listening is best! I also noticed the tough young woman, the one who has such a strong personality, who seems to get riled up over the little things. This one, just out of observing her brought me to wonder how her past, whatever it was, to cause such hostility and anger built up within her. Oh, how I want to love her! Will she allow me to? Another girl, ask for prayer, the following day (weekend) she was going to see her parents at a Christian retreat after 2 years apart… she looks about 15yrs old. These precious girls/women have blessed my Friday. I want to participate on a regular basis with these girls, love them, teach them, and be a role model so that they can seek and know God through my life. Please pray that God will provide the words/wisdom to love and serve them. They are precious in His sight and I want to effectively show them that Truth.

Reconnecting with Yenedith: I have met with Yenedith a year ago at a Christian event (Next Generation) held at a cafĂ©. Her mom, sister and little brother were there. I remembered I talked to her briefly. About a week later, a male student leader connected me with her, encouraging me that she needs someone to disciple her since she was about 6months in her faith and relationship with Christ. I gladly took that role and together we began a beautiful bond of love in God’s Word. The love and passion she has for God is fresh. Her testimony began with a miraculous healing of a fatal sickness she had and now she is studying to be a pediatrician to be a healing light to the young children. What a Caring HEART! Even through the hectic finals week, we met together for pizza and chatted. This semester has been very intense, but what still shines bright is how she so desires to follow and live her life completely for God. When I arrive in the end of Feb, I plan to disciple her deeper in God Word. Pray for God’s Truth to speak powerfully in her life and that we can devote a regular time set out to study His Word. I know that our bond is not a coincidence. Praise God!

No comments: