Thursday, November 27, 2008

Guadalajara

Ministry
We didn’t have many days back in D.F, as me and Katie traveled the nine hours to Guadalajara. The focus was to meet with some students who have hearts to start a movement in their schools, to share who we are, to encourage them in their walk, and to connect them to future events. Through this experience, God has connected us with Juan, Tania, Debby, Monica, Krystal, two pastors, and even other students! I can’t wait to see how God will use these people for His Kingdom. Pray for continual courage in these students as they witness to their peers. Pray for the Holy Spirit to guide them and lead them to do and to take the steps necessary in Guadalajara.

Family
Also during this time I had a chance to visit my family – my dad’s part. For two separate nights and four short days, I got to spend some quality time with my dad, my grandfather, and my many other relatives!! I even witnessed my first Mexican funeral. My dad’s brother (Uncle)’s wife’s sister lost her husband. She has nine children now to take care of. Please pray for her and her family. Their grieving tore my heart. A father, the main supporter for a large family, died so suddenly. Just that Sunday morning he was working under his car with his brother. The car fell on him and the following day, Monday was the funeral. It was very sad! I never experienced a loved one so near to pass away. If you have, can you share with me your story? How did you make it through?

No comments: