Sunday, October 5, 2008

Oriente Team

Each day passes with more new experiences and lessons. I will do my best to share with you more about us, what we do, etc.

To start...here is the ORIENTE Team!


From left to right:
Me - Currently, I am learning a LOT of Spanish. It was a very hard start to be completely immersed in the language. First, I just sat there completely LOST after the first 10 minutes. Then, I caught on with more words then phrases. Now, I am actually getting more involved, offering my ideas, plans, etc. There is so much more to grow, but I am excited to begin to share my heart and my love more clearly now in Spanish.

Quique (Enrique) - He is a volunteer from Cuarnavaca (less than 2 hrs away). After a conference at Acapolco, his desire to share the Gospel to students grew. He has been a HUGE help in translating Spanish to English and showing us the town. He will be spending his time with the group as much as he can.

Sandra - Also known as my "vecinita" (little neighbor). She lives a couple blocks from me with Ale. She is currently raising up support to join us for a year. It is a LOT of work here in Mexico. Even after a year of support raising, she is still pressing on! I really enjoy spending time with Sandra. Together we have spent quality time speaking Spanish, learning how to share my faith/love, cooking, attending events and hang outs, and sharing our stories between smiles and tears.

Next two are Beto and Ale P. - A couple who have been married for about 5 years. They JUST found out that they are pregnant of about 2 months, so this will be an exciting journey to see how God will use this journey to the students on campus. These two are also awesome leaders! They have been the ones to set bible studies, prayers and events in the UNAM campus.

Victor - A fun guy to hang out with. He is another volunteer for Enfoque Mexico. Because of a two week work schedule, he will be working every two weeks. A great guy with jokes to make you smile!

Luis – A quiet-spirited young man with a heart for his city! Recently, we found out we had the same last name, so we now call each other primos (cousins). He is also trying extra hard this year to know English, so that when he visits his girlfriend in the states, he can communicate to her parents and friends.

Katie – The team captain, guiding us with her experience and skills to be effective in our ministry for Mexico City. It has been fun getting to know her heart and desires for our team. Together, we are working on not only loving and unifying our team closer together, but to become leaders for the schools we are working on. I am super excited to see how God will use each one of us as we work together this year!

Ale M. – A HUGE heart in doing the will of God. I am fortunate to have her and Sandra live so close to me. She has been an inspiration for continual devotion and prayer in loving and living for God first and foremost! Currently, she is also raising up a support team so she can work for five years as a staff member here in Mexico City!


So...thats my team for you! Throughout the days, you'll hear more about this team! Continue to pray for us, especially for boldness and wisdom in reaching the students in each campus! Thank you!

No comments: