Thursday, April 30, 2009

Acapulco (April 4-8th)


I am a bit backed up for sharing my little updates...


...For quick a view of the conference: This was the 2nd conference held in Acapulco. We had about 200 college students (double from last year) who arrived on April 4th at a very low price thanks to donations. Every morning and night, a speaker delivered a message and the worship band played upbeat worship music that brought hands uplifted, tears and dancing. For two afternoons, students had the opportunity to work in groups to visit the beach or nearby parks to evangelize (share God’s story). Another afternoon they traveled to specific areas to offer community service to orphanages, homes... With about 50 staff members to help put it all together, it turned out to be a success in organization and memorable creative ideas that left students with a fun, challenging and packed week! In the end, our statistics shows that students shared the Gospel 466 times and out of those, 66 received Christ!

For me, I worked in the inside more than out. My job was to help the speakers have all that they need – paper, supplies, etc so that their delivery runs smooth. Because of it, I made friends with Office Depot! I enjoyed serving and being the one to run back and forth. However, the part that I did miss was the interactions with those students that I invited and being outside on the front lines sharing the Gospel and love of Jesus. I understood that our job was to pass the torch to the students and to challenge them to take that step of faith without depending on our guidance. Like a parent, watching their child grow. You don’t want to let go, but you know that you must not only for their good, but yours as well. So out of love, I take that step of faith and obediently watched them grow! For it surely isn’t about me and what I do, it is all about them!!

Keep these students in your prayers...may the fire never die out!

Here is a video of Acapulco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKHXC1QZ0g

No comments: